14 February 2006

i'm a Poker Room Centurion Cup champion

Yeah, I play poker... a lot. And I guess I'll dedicate this post to patting myself on the back. May as well, since there's really no glory in winning online poker tournaments except for the bankroll. Each Thursday and Sunday I play the Hollywood Poker Celebrity Classic and the Michael Woods Celebrity Invitational (Michael is James Woods' little brother). These are both multi-table poker tournaments with a few hundred entrants. In the past 2 months I've been lucky enough to win the Celebrity Classic twice and the M.W. Invitational once. They also give a cash bounty to any players who knock out a celebrity... and I've had the priviledge of knocking out super big named stars like Yancey Arias, Misty Woods (no relation), Kane Hodder (he's Jason from Friday the 13th), Tom McGowan, Eric Palladino and a few others. I also play a lot at PokerRoom, and just last week completed a grueling week-long promotion called the Centurion Cup (scroll down to 'Centurion results for last week', that's me in 9th)... where the top 10 finalists play the following week in a 10 person winner-take-all tournament for $1,500. So, wish me luck! I'm no professional player (yet), but it's a lot of fun, and who knows what will happen in the future? I've gotten to the point where I win far more than I lose so maybe I'll get the balls to drop the $10k for a seat in the World Series of Poker. First I'm off to Atlantic City to hone my skills. If you're interested in playing at either Hollywood Poker or PokerRoom zip me an email and I'll send you a special invitation code which'll land you an extra sign up bonus.

No comments: